It’s been quite a while since I’ve felt this way.. Quite an opening statement, huh? And you’re probably wondering with anticipation what I am referring to, right? Is the suspense just killing you?. . . OK ladies, this is going to be a long one(that’s what she said.).HAH! jk jk jk.
Alright. There is this boy. And him is cute. :) We will call him Bobby. I met Bobby at church. I immediately was attracted to him but didn’t think another thought about him because he seemed, at first glance, to be one of those guys that is good-looking and knows it, ya know? So I didn’t really care if I ever spoke to him or not. This past Sunday evening, after sitting in on a mini seminar, the congregation moved into the auditorium where there were refreshments, and an opportunity to mingle and visit. Being new in the area, I didn’t really see any familiar faces. As I grabbed a cup of water, I eyed the auditorium full of people debating whether or not I wanted to stick around and socialize, or if I should just B line it to the door and get home. I saw Bobby, surrounded by about 4 females, all who looked to be completely googly eyed with him(of course). For some reason or another, I decided that this humored me, and I wanted to waltz right on up to him and his little fan club and see for myself what all the fuss was about with this guy, other than his dashing good looks. WAIT: Rewind…previously on the first day I attended this particular congregation about a month prior, I happened to be standing next to him at another social event, and we exchanged introductions..”Hi its nice to meet you” sorta thing. . so we had been formally introduced but had not spoken again since than. Fast forward back to present situation…. So I walk up to the group with my best most friendly smile and say hi to everyone, the girls all politely smile back and say hello. I look right at Bobby and say, “It’s Bobby, right?”, singling him out from the group… “Yeah! You remembered my name?! Victoria, right?” . . . I’m impressed. Somehow, even with his fan club around, we get into a conversation while the others are listening in, heads turning back and forth between him and me, as if they're watching a very exciting table tennis tournament. Even though I was listening and looking at him as he spoke, I swear I saw flames burning in another girl’s eyes. Not even joking. Yeah, ok, maybe it was a little rude that I singled him out with the others all just standing there, but really? Anyway, we had a long enough conversation that I learned the basic info needed to know enough about this person to decide whether or not he is someone worth my time and attention. My conclusion is that yes, he is indeed worth my time and attention… at least for now. ;)
That’s right, I have a crush. And that is what I mean, when I say its been quite a while since I felt this way. Since I’ve felt like I WANT to get to know someone, like I want to pursue him, like I want to be in the same room with him. The past year and longer, I’ve been pursued and have liked the attention. The guys have all been nice and a good way to pass my time, but none have really blown my hair back, ya know...I cant really explain myself sufficiently. Maybe I’m just being silly, but I’m intrigued by this new boy and I want to spend more time with him.
THIS IS WHAT I’VE DECIDED. I am going to call him and ask him out on a date. Yep. I’m gonna do it. Eff this bull shiz game playing. Yeah yeah yeah, you might be thinking, “well he would just ask you out if he was really into you”, or “what if he says no” or “are you being a little desperate?” Wake up call my sistahs! Times have changed and this isn’t the Greg Berhandt show. I’m a confident woman, I’m interested and I’m gonna go for it. Who says that he isn’t shy? This goes for any guy. Just because they have a penus does not mean they always have the balls to ask out a woman they may be interested in. So I’m not going to sit around and wait for a guy who may very well be interested in me when I’m just as willing and capable to call him up myself and suggest some friendly racket ball and/or sushi.
The “what if’s”? What if he says no? Than good! I don’t sit around wondering, waiting, and analyzing every little form of contact we exchange, wishing that he would ask me out. That would be a waste of my energy. In contrast, what if he says yes? Than we go out, and get to know eachother and I’ll have a good story to tell later. When we do go out, what if it’s our first and last date? Than I still have a good story to tell. On the other hand, what if it’s a fabulous first date that leads to something incredible? ? IF I don’t do it, than I’m going to keep wondering “what if”. A year from now, I don’t want to hear about him getting married, leaving me wondering "What would have happened if I had just called and asked him out?" . . . Alright, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself just a little...
Moral of my story today is: Girls, don't wait around waiting for your prince charming to find you. Take charge of your own romance and get out there. You never know what opportunity might pass you by if you sit on the sidelines waiting for love to find you. How can you be found if you're hiding behind old fashioned rules. So take a chance and lay it all out on the line because it may just be worth it!
I'm going to call Bobby and I'll let you know what happens.
Until then, sweetest dreams. :)
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Victoria!!! where's the update!?!? lol ;)
ReplyDelete